The Voice of the Customer – Give Me What I Need to See
As we examined our customer’s daily work and listened closely to how we could help improve their corporate and individual performance, we collected the following statements from operations and engineering departments:
- I am responsible for the HSS health in my region; can I get a view of HSS KPIs exclusively?
- MME, PGW and SGW tracking in a single view – How do I get this without having to view multiple windows or applications?
- Can I have a customized dashboard that can help with managing software upgrades and hardware expansions?
- I have to be able to see multiple relevant KPIs for a network element on a single screen without filtering through reams of data
Network Assurance Starts with Vision and the Ability for Rapid Action
“myIrisView” has been developed to provide each user with a job-specific customized dashboard of relevant KPI tracking information.
Dashboards can be customized based on job role, geographic responsibility, network element type, or desired KPIs to yield the right view for engineer, manager, or executive.
myIrisView utilizes KPI tracking dashlets from the Iris Performance Intelligence (IPI) and Iris Traffic Analyzer (ITA) applications giving users the ability to drill directly from the dashlets into the IPI and ITA applications.
Dashboard instances can be private for single users, or they can be shared with other registered users.
Example: HSS Health Management
The figure below shows a myIrisView dashboard for Sze-ki, a network operations engineer concerned with the health of the HSS in her region. Sze-ki has chosen to setup her dashboard to visualize the following interfaces:
- S6a: Diameter interface between HSS and MME
- Cx: Diameter interface between HSS and CSCF
- Sh: Diameter interface between HSS and PCRF (or Application Server)
Sze-ki has added dashlets to the top row of her dashboard to monitor failure KPIs for S6a, Cx, and Sh and she has added the corresponding failure cause codes on the second row.
From this view she can quickly see that she has an issue with her HSS as all three interfaces have simultaneously started showing an increase in failure activity.
By looking at the second row of dashlets, she can see the exact cause codes associated with the problem. In this case, the HSS is showing almost 75% of the cause codes are for 5012 Failure to Comply errors.
Sze-Ki can begin troubleshooting immediately by drilling directly into the IPI application to get more detail on the root cause. And from there, depending on the problem, she can delve deeper into call flows with the Iris Session Analyzer or individual protocol data units with the Protocol Analyzer application.
Network Assurance Benefits of myIrisView
- Empowers workforce from engineer to executive with relevant job related information needs
- Improves Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) by eliminating extra steps in identifying issues
- Proactively prevents network issues before they turn into customer complaints
- Enables consistency across organizations with the ability to standardize and share dashboard formats